Dear Friend in Spirit,
This Sunday, February 4th join us at The Center for Spiritual Living DC as we come together once again to ground ourselves in the Spiritual Truths that we know will uplift not only our own consciousness but the overall consciousness in the Nation’s capital!
This Sunday, we shall receive an ENCOURAGEMENT from Rev. Alex.
1. Respect I vow to respect others and the interconnectedness of all life.
2. Understanding I vow to understand the “whys” (the meaning behind behavior), for myself and others.
3. Acceptance Out of respect and understanding, I vow to accept the differences of others.
4. Appreciating Differences I seek to move beyond acceptance into appreciation and celebration of difference.
5. Truth and Truthfulness I commit to be truthful and authentic and to confront untruth wherever I find it.
6. Absorbing Suffering I take on without complaint any suffering that results from my confrontation with untruth.
7. Ahimsa (nonviolence) with my Adversary I vow to help my adversary avoid all suffering, especially from our confrontation.
8. Trusteeship and Constructive Action Beyond personal necessities, I see myself as God’s trustee over my possessions and talents. I promise to use them to empower others and make things fair for all.
This Sunday we will explore action steps towards being the change we wish to see in the world.
You are cordially invited to hear an ENCOURAGEMENT on this topic from a SPIRITUAL not RELIGIOUS perspective.
With MUSIC by Sahffi.
Ready to recommit to a New level of Prayer?
Prayers (one minute miracles) with any of our Licensed Practitioners.
Remember, your prayer requests can be made several ways:
1. In person to any of the Practitioners at service
2. Submitted via our website https://csldc.org/prayer-requests/
3. Via email to any specific practitioners or the whole of the Practitioner Core prayer@CSLDC.org
4. You can also write your request on one of the prayer request slips at service!
February 18 Annual Member Meeting following service
All are invited to attend.
Updates about the center, the community, what is in store for 2018, votes for Leadership council (formerly referred to as the Core council) members, and an open floor Q and A.
Also, if you are curious to know more about membership, ask anyone on the Leadership council or ask one of our Practitioners.
Also in February
Feb 3rd last day to join the Foundations class
Feb 11 and 18 Rev. Dr. Ray will be offering the Encouragement.
Feb 28 Screening of the film “White Like Me” with discussion. This is a combined gathering of CSLDC and Celebration center, one of our area sister centers. More info to come.
Join us for our Sunday meditation (10 a.m.) and service (11 a.m.) both are at 7059 Blair Rd, NW.
Youth programs for ages 4-17 are available during the service.!
All are welcome
Cariños, Your CSLDC Family